Friday, January 25, 2008

Bird poops in mouth.

So my good friend Laura asks:

"My parents recently got a kitten. Any advice on what to do about their wild nighttime behavior?"

Well, I guess for the most part we've been lucky. They tend to curl up and sleep with us most of the time. That in it's self can be inconvenient though. Dahlia sleeps on me. Mostly on my tummy or side, but if I'm on my side facing outward from the bed she'll spoon herself up in front of my face, so that I need to reposition just so I can breath. Pene spends the first part of her night laying on Chris' chest gazing into his face and then at some point in the night she sleeps on my pillow and wraps herself around my head. Sometimes I wake up and she's sleeping in the middle of the pillow and my head is on a few inches of the bottom corner.

On most occasions when they feel like late night antics they take it out to the living room. There are better things out there to climb on, play with, and run through I guess. But occasionally they start tearing through our room playing "who's chasing who?"

Or Pene likes to wake Chris up when he sleeps in on weekends. (Pene by the way is in love with Chris. She has been from the time we got her. We used to joke that she was constantly trying to get rid of me so that she could have him all to herself. ) It's very humorous to watch her work. She'll start purring and come up to his face to give him some kisses. He usually grumbles and pulls the covers over his head. She will scout all around looking for some sort of opening in the blanket she can stick her nose into.

There is usually only one method of stopping playful kittens while you are trying to sleep. It involves placing them about 4 inches outside of your bedroom door and then swiftly closing it. :)

Seriously though, I think it does get better with age just like real babies. When we first got them they did a lot of that playful pouncing on your feet under the blanket and whatnot, but eventually they calm down.

Other News:

I tried to make the Verde Chili last night, so that it could sit in the crock pot today. Well it didn't go very well. The concoction sitting at home sort of resembles barf, so I've received a great deal of advice and coaching from my coworkers today. My chili rescue plan involves beans (both regular and refried), sour cream, and cheese. /cross my fingers

Today while scouring Reddit.com I found a couple of particularly interesting articles.

This first one was particularly entertaining being a web designer, but I think that anyone can appreciate the author's commentary. I will warn you though that there is a little bit of foul language.

Internet '96

This next one is just...well...random.

Bird poops in mouth

Enjoy. And everybody have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Laura B. said...

Thanks, Katie, for answering my question!

I hope all is well.