Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Plastic, rubber, ribbon, string, hair, melon.

Well, not a lot is new. So I'll just bore you with things that are of mild interest.

We're looking forward to the weekend. Last weekend my Dad and brother Michael came to visit, which is always fun, but busy, busy, busy. The Winter Carnival starts Wednesday today and lasts until the 3rd. I'm excited to see the ice sculptures. We are also going to this cool little hamburger place we saw featured on the Food Network. I can't remember the name right now.

Speaking of Food Network. Chris and I have become addicts. So I finally have the desire to cook for us. So tonight I'm making some baked chicken and potatoes. Tomorrow night we are having this Chili Verde stuff. Well maybe modified a little. It needs to simmer forever, though. So I'm actually going to put it all together tonight and then let it simmer on low tomorrow while we are at work.

Kitty News:

If there is one thing I know about kitties...it's they like an Omega Paw Whirly Mouse Jr. The first day I gave it to them I came home that night and couldn't even find it. It took me all weekend to realize that in a fit of playful excitement they shoved it clear under Chris' recliner. Then a couple of days later they actually managed to pull the ball out of it's track! So I put the ball back in and now everyday they play with it until it tips upside-down (which must make it unusable :) ) and then I fix it for them and it starts again.

Most of you already know that Dahlia loves to eat weird stuff. You know...plastic, rubber, ribbon, string, hair, melon, whatever. So yesterday morning I'm getting ready for work and I walk by and notice there are some socks laying in her vicinity. She's very nonchalantly laying there acting innocent. But the long piece of sock string hanging from her whiskers gave her away. I'm very curious how many inedible things she eats everyday.

2 comments:

Laura B. said...

I love your posts, Katie. You should post more frequently!!

My parents recently got a kitten. Any advice on what to do about their wild nighttime behavior?

Candy or Jo said...

Dahlia looks just like my Ole!!! Yesterday we gave her a green olive and she rolled all over it, then ate it and acted nipped-out!!!