Friday, January 4, 2008

Car shopping.

So last Saturday Chris and I decided to go looking at cars. I had received an emailing advertising all of the post-Christmas specials and so it sparked our interest. After driving around a couple of lots we gave up. It was cold and snowing and gross out. The biggest problem being that all the cars are covered in snow...so it puts a little damper on the selection process. Anyways, we ended up just driving to a new area of the cities that we haven't explored and grabbed some lunch at Dairy Queen. While we were eating and reading the paper I found some more ads for cars. Grand Prixs particularly (which is what I've been admiring for over a month now). So we fell victim to their advertising and headed up to Brooklyn Park to see what they had.

We drove home in a 2007 Grand Prix GT. It's slightly used which is good, because it drops the price quite a bit. In fact, when I test drove a Grand Prix for the first time it was in Bemidji and it was very similar to the one we got. It was new but didn't have any of the special features that ours does (leather, sunroof, remote start) and they wanted $9,000 more dollars for it! Can you believe that? I'm sure the market in Bemidji is less competitive so they can charge more but wow what a difference.

Anyways, I love it, love it, love it. Until we get a second "new" car we are sharing this one. So Chris drives it to work most days, because he drives about 10 times as far to work. Lame. :) We need to take some pictures to post and I'll try to do it this weekend.

We are just going to lay low and get some more cleaning done. Last night we got into one of those moods and cleaned until 11:30.

Oh, and we are also going to see "Enchanted". I'm such a dork. Up until last night I thought it was strictly a little girl's movie, but it actually looks really funny.

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Andi said...

i saw enchanted last weekend with my mom and sister. i really liked it. so you aren't the only dorky one here :)

nancy said...

love the car,nice choice.